- Field trips
- Holiday arts and crafts with parents
- STEM projects and experiments
- Service project: collect donations for St. Rita Orphanage in the Philippines
- Performances in the Christmas play
- Prepare liturgy for May Crowning
- Prepare for graduation ceremony and exercises
Welcome to Kindergarten! I am Sr. Tess Diana, a member of the Congregation of the Augustinian Recollect Sisters of the Philippines. I finished my academic requirements for Masters degree in Early Childhood Education at Cebu Normal University. This is my fifth year here at St. John’s.
I strongly believe students are like flowers blooming in the winter, varied in color, uniquely designed by God's magnanimous love. Each of them is special. They are God's project and I took part in molding and preparing them to be ready for life and for a bright future according to His plan. I personally believe all children can learn at their own pace and time. As a facilitator in the classroom, I afforded them with developmentally appropriate activities and watch them LEARN, GROW, and SUCCEED every single day!
Curriculum Resources & Apps
- Religion - Faith First is designed to help children take the first steps in building a foundation for future growth in faith. The program introduces and reinforces the timeless truths of our Catholic faith doctrine in age-appropriate lessons per grade level. The program encourages children to love and read Bible stories.
- Starfall English Language Arts - A research-based, effective, and Common Core aligned, this ELA program instills confidence and inspiration in children and integrates science and social studies. Children explore letters and sounds, word recognition, reading comprehension and fluency. Our phonics-based learn-to-read activities encourage free exploration and play within a sequentially organized framework.
- Language Arts Apps: Starfall online component, Lexia for reading skill development, and RAZ-Kids use for differentiation.
- Science: Starfall, Science Buddies, weekly use of the STEM Lab.
- Social Studies: Starfall, Students are introduced to the concept of Good Citizenship, used Studies Weekly
- Starfall Mathematics - Explore early algebraic concepts using numbers, shapes, and measurement tools while connecting mathematics to everyday scenarios and practical problem solving; research-based and standards-aligned. Math Apps: Starfall online component and ST Math
- Kodable - Kindergarten pupils learn coding through the guidance and expertise of Mrs. Arlene Ang.
© 2016-2020 St. John the Baptist Catholic School. All rights reserved.