- The Martin 500! We have a race car derby where we race cars that we build
- Re-enactment of the Stations of the Cross during Lent
- Candy Jug guessing competition service project for the Layette Program of DSJ
- Buddy activities with 7th grade
- STEM lab and Robotics classes
- “Kodeable” weekly coding instruction
- Art classes
Hi, my name is Renée Martin and I have been a Catholic educator for over 20 years. It has been my pleasure to be involved in the lives of children and to teach them in the values of the Catholic Church.
My philosophy of education is that all students should be provided with the opportunity to learn and grow spiritually, emotionally, and intellectually at their own pace in a loving, rigorous, and nurturing environment. I try to provide that to my students and hopefully their smiles and feelings about third grade are as evident to their parents as they are to me.
After completing my Bachelor’s degree at San Jose State, I was fortunate to be able to stay home and raise my three children. When our youngest was in first grade, I enrolled at Cal State East Bay and worked to achieve my teaching credential. My career began as a first grade teacher and I stayed in first grade for 14 years. I have taught second grade and now found my home here in third grade.
Welcome to our classroom!
Curriculum Resources & Apps
- Math: “Go Math” Series - This series is an interactive program that uses manipulatives, computation skills, collaborative learning, and technology and promotes reasoning.
- ELA: “Journeys” Series - This series is a text rich reading program that includes informational and expository text which includes exploring the constructions of language, phonics, and grammar to promote deeper comprehension.
- Science - Guided by the NGSS, we use our STEM Lab and technology to ensure that students have a kinesthetic, experienced based, opportunity to learn science.
- Social Studies - Real world activities and reasoning as well as information that is web based are used to enrich the students’ knowledge of their place in their community. We learn about our past and compare it to today’s world. We how money, bartering, and government as well as Native American history while following the state standards.
- Religion - We study further our place within our church as well as important people such as apostles, saints, and disciples. We study the gospel readings and discuss how they relate to our lives.
- Think Central
- ST Math
- Word Mania
- Mystery Science
© 2016-2020 St. John the Baptist Catholic School. All rights reserved.