- Korean Calligraphy
- After School Art Class
- Summer Basketball Program
- Improv/Bibliodrama (Skits)
- Tinkercad 3D Project
- 1:1 iPads
- Seasonal Celebrations
My name is Adrienne Hardee and I am a bilingual California native who joined St. John the Baptist School in the fall of 2015. I earned my B.S. in Sociology at Santa Clara University with an emphasis in Spanish and Musical Theatre.
Following this, I completed my M.A. in Interdisciplinary Education with a Curriculum and Instruction Emphasis also at Santa Clara University.
I have extensive teaching experience working with English Language Learners stateside and abroad. Furthermore, I am a proficient Spanish speaker with experience teaching Spanish to second-graders in a summer enrichment program.
During my junior year of undergrad I studied Spanish language and culture at the Universidad de Alicante in Spain. Shortly after this amazing learning experience I traveled to Madaba, Jordan to teach 6th grade at King Abdullah III's school, King’s Academy. The Middle East is where I developed my passion for teaching.
Fueling my desire to teach and learn of differing cultures and ways of life, I then traveled to Namyangju-si, South Korea where I taught elementary for a year.
In my travels I learned that children around the world (including America) desire a teacher who is competent in the curriculum and intentional about successful learning outcomes for all students.
I am passionate about teaching and motivating my students to become creative, collaborative, and critical thinkers. I’m always looking for opportunities to connect my students with Spanish language, differing cultures locally and abroad.
When not working, I enjoy art, traveling, and staying active through yoga.
Curriculum Resources & Apps
- Role and importance of the Ten Commandments in our daily lives
- God’s word (scriptures) from the Holy Bible.
- Learn about the liturgical celebrations and participate in liturgical celebration.
- Family life- God's gift of family, self, love, and community
- Puberty Overview
- Mathematics - Common Core Standard Based
- Communicate, collaborate, and use critical thinking skills
- Students develop a better understanding of fractions, decimals, & whole numbers
- Algebraic thinking- rounding, estimating, number patterns, and solving multi-step word problems
- Develop number sense up to a million
- Basic geometry- measure and interpret angles
- Science - Common Core Standard Based, Next Generation Science Standards
- Investigation and experimental skills explored
- Physical Sciences- students will study electricity, magnetism, and circuits.
- Earth Sciences - Rock & mineral cycles. Study of how waves, water, and wind help shape the earth's surface through erosion and weathering.
- Life Sciences- Focus on food chains, energy sources, animal and plant structures, and ecological connections and cycles.
- Social Studies - Common Core Standard Based
- California State History
- Geography and California's physical features
- Historical time periods and timeline
- California Native Americans and the colonial/settlement period, Gold Rush and statehood
- California as an industrial and agricultural strength
- Analyze and discuss local, state, and federal government
- Reading Language Arts - Common Core Standard based
- Using the Step Up to Writing program, students focus on reading, writing, grammar, and word study
- Students analyze informational and literature text
- Speaking and listening activities intertwined with writing assignments
- Scootpad ELA
- Journey Series
- ST Math
- Scootpad Math
- Go Math
- TinkerCad- 3D Art
- Reflections textbook
- Sadlier- We Believe textbook
- Jesus Calling by Sara Young
- Google Docs
- Google Slides
- Renaissance Learning
- Excel Sheets
- Tynker- coding
- Kodable- coding
© 2016-2020 St. John the Baptist Catholic School. All rights reserved.