Meet the Teacher
I am Sr. Faith Nina Fuertes, an Augustinian Recollect Sister, born in Toledo, Cebu City, Philippines. I am privileged to be part of the wonderful institution of St. John the Baptist Catholic School, it’s my 3rd year of serving the School. I love and enjoy teaching the little ones. As the saying goes, "Let the little children come to me and do not try to stop them for the Kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." I feel blessed to be part of your child's journey as they step into the Educational World. Rest assured that your child will have a remarkable experience at St. John the Baptist Catholic School whose aim is to form the Whole Child.
Curriculum and Tools
- English Language Arts (ELA) - the curriculum includes activities and lessons that promote language development, phonics (sound of the letters), rhymes, syllables, writing skills, and reading comprehension (CVC).
- Math - curriculum focuses on building a strong foundation in number sense, counting, shapes, patterns, measurement, and basic addition and subtraction skills.
- Science - science curriculum focuses on introducing young learners to the scientific method, and basic scientific concepts, and fostering curiosity and exploration. Engaging TK students in hands-on experiments and investigations to develop their scientific inquiry skills (Amplify Science and Mystery Science)Coding: Train’s Coding, Thinker Jr. and Coding safari.
- Social Studies - the social studies curriculum focuses on introducing young learners to basic concepts of community, diversity, Holidays, community helpers, and citizenship.
- Religion - incorporate elements of Catholic teachings and values ; stories in the Bible, importance of prayer and religious activities.
- Writing - the writing curriculum focuses on developing foundational writing skills and fostering a love for writing. Encourage students to write their names, draw pictures, and label their drawings. Gradually introduce letter formation and basic sight words as students progress.
© 2016-2023 St. John the Baptist Catholic School. All rights reserved.