Upon completion of eighth grade, a St. John the Baptist School student will be:
A person of faith who:
- Demonstrates “Christ-like” values of compassion, service, and prayer.
- Actively participates in school and parish liturgies.
- Is responsible and makes good choices.
- Demonstrates a knowledge of Catholic doctrine and traditions.
A life-long learner who is:
- Able to demonstrate mastery of basic skills.
- Self-motivated and cooperative.
- An effective communicator.
- A critical thinker.
- Able to use all learning tools effectively and responsibly.
A socially and emotionally well-rounded individual who:
- A responsible citizen.
- Helps and respects all of God's people and all living things.
- Demonstrates leadership and self-esteem.
- Has an understanding of his/her gifts and areas for growth.
- Demonstrates self-discipline.
- Shows a cheerful and polite attitude.
A physically well-balanced individual who:
- Shows both teamwork and self-reliance.
- Plays honestly and fairly.
- Cares for and respects his or her body and is aware of health issues.
- Recognizes the importance of and chooses nutritious food.
- Regularly engages in healthy physical activity.
© 2016 St. John the Baptist School. All rights reserved.