- Opening school liturgy
- Thanksgiving Food Drive Service Project
- Advent gift giving project
- Overnight retreat
- Graduation brunch
- Field trips
- Catholic School Week projects
- Monthly Buddy activities with 3rd grade
I began my Catholic education in first grade in the Los Angeles area. I earned a B. A. in music education., and a California Teaching Credential. When I was in fifth grade, I announced to my family that I wanted to be a teacher in a Catholic school and I kept that goal in mind throughout the rest of my childhood. I always loved breaking down concepts and figuring out how to learn new things. Reading was a passion and I often had to be dragged away from a good book to complete my chores. I have been teaching for several years at all grades and in every subject area. I began at the kindergarten level and have gradually moved along to the upper grades. In addition to my teaching, I have served on educational boards and directed many programs for children. I am presently on the faculty of the Holy Names University Preparatory Music Department. I love children and everything about teaching them in a faith-filled community. Together with parents, I strive to guide my students to develop their full potential, become life long learners and have successful futures. Teaching is rewarding and fills my life with extraordinary people and experiences!
Curriculum Resources & Apps
- Big Ideas Math
- Research-based curriculum providing a rigorous, focused, and coherent curriculum that balances conceptual understanding with procedural fluency
- Supplemented by:
- adaptive assessment and learning system aimed at mastery and retention
- Desmos, Three Act Math Tasks, Open Middle, and others
- Guided math tasks and activities supporting main instruction that help extend and refine problem solving, conceptual understanding, and application.
- Comprehensive digital resources, supplemental print materials, and hands-on exploration kits that drive engagement and academic growth; students are engaged in discovery, explicit instruction, hands on activities,
- STEM Lab
- Weekly time in the STEM Lab for activities and experiments aligned with current lessons
- Social Studies
- National Geographic Learning
- Digital adaptive social studies curriculum which emphasizes document analysis and inquiry-based learning
- An adaptive online news-as-literacy platform that features current, high-interest articles on everything from current events to myths and legends and from literature to science
- Sadlier "We Live Our Faith Catholic Identity" Series Gr. 7
- Follows the “gather-believe-respond” model for religious education which engages students in prayer, analysis of scripture, and application of message to their lives.
- Amplify ELA California Edition Program
- Is a blended interactive curriculum where students analyze complex texts and use evidence and reasoning to prove claims.
- Scope Magazine
- Adaptive programs -Reading Plus, Power up, Membean vocabulary
- Students are engaged in a daily program to apply English grammar skills to writing and speaking.
- Parts of speech
- Mechanics of writing
- Sentence structure
- The writing program provides students with the tools to clearly communicate their thoughts with attention to details, a high level of vocabulary and creativity.
© 2016-2020 St. John the Baptist Catholic School. All rights reserved.